Saturday, June 30, 2012

Half Full or Half Empty


There is nothing like getting up early on a summer morning and seeing the sprinklers glistening in the sunshine.  The sparkle reminds me of fireworks......well, fireworks on the ground, during the day, in only one color, and  less dangerous!  Okay - maybe not the best analogy.  Anyway, it's peaceful and beautiful.

I have quite a large yard and it takes a lot to keep it green.  You see, I still live in the dark ages and pull a half a dozen hoses around my yard.  About this time of year, I get pretty tired of my hourly irrigation duties and very jealous of those with sprinkling systems.  I try hard to appreciate the ritual and avoid becoming cynical.  This can be difficult.

This summer has been pretty dry and pretty much rain free.  The days have been hotter than average and summer temperatures came much earlier than expected.  This does not aid me in anyway in having a good attitude.  This morning I tried really hard to be grateful for the water I have.  It might be more difficult for me than for others, but I have the water to use.  What would my yard be like if I simply didn't have irrigation... dry and ugly.  So today I choose to be appreciative for the blessing of water.  It keeps my yard green, my flowers happy, and me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment