Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Flume Anyone?


Unless I am surrounded by locals, when I mention the flume, I receive some pretty strange looks - like I am speaking another language.  I then explain that the flume is the local spot for some cheap summer fun.  We visit it quite regularly!  It's a half pipe that takes the canal over the road.  


It's great because it's free, always open, and the water is really refreshing and cool.......clean, not so much!


The fact that it's a canal should let you know that there's more than just moss in the water, so germaphobes may be leery of venturing in!


The city cousins from San Diego were not afraid!  All except, for Timmie.  He wasn't quite sure it looked like his brand of fun.


Like any other summer activity.....treats are a must!!


Running back for more - one time down the flume is never enough!


 The temperature of the water can be a little shocking, especially for those use to heated pools!


And just one more time!!


2 comments:

  1. I love the flume. I still haven't been this summer. But I think you just inspired me to fit it into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sis Camille introduced me (and Karen and Kim) to the flume when we were her "young women". So fun - so fun. Two weekends ago, I got to go down the flume again for my family reunion. Great memories, I wish I could find a flume around here . .
    Colette

    ReplyDelete