Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Farewell to Summer


 It's been awhile since I last posted.....a long while.  You see, summer for us is not the laid back, lemonade sipping, sitting on the porch time it is for some.  Summer on the farm is up at 5:30 a.m., pipe moving, thistle digging, sweating, fence moving, cow milking long days.  My job is to support all of the work going on and those doing it.  So, my blogging had to go on hiatus until some of the summer work had ceased.  Now with the kids in school and all of us on some sort of schedule, I can get back to blogging.  I thought I would just share some photos of the highlights of our summer.



What's more fun than jumping with a friend?



July 24th fireworks

Cousin Tate on the Gator

Grandpa's canal floating expedition

Pipe on the pastures

Fonnesbeck family reunion @ Saratoga Springs Wyoming

Family camp out @ Bloomington Lake - beautiful indian paint brush

Breakfast in the wilderness

Bloomington Lake
Summer is definitely one of our busiest times, but it's the time we learn to work together to accomplish big things.  It's the time we make memories together. It's when we see the best and the worst of each other and learn to appreciate our differences.  It's long.  It's hot.  But, I also wouldn't trade it for anything......well, except for a beautiful fall!  

2 comments:

  1. I liked this Kayla -- thanks for sharing. After hearing about Marci's experiences during fair time (every year), I mostly just think you farmers' wives are tough chicks.

    Colette

    ReplyDelete