Saturday, July 14, 2012

Those Friends of Mine

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.  ~Elisabeth Foley


The past few days have been glorious!!  I was blessed to spend some time with my K-3rd grade best friend.  Her and her two kids had spent some time in Yellowstone and took a detour on their way home to come and visit me and mine.  Being together again was so easy and fun.  It was like time had stood still - other than we have a few wrinkles and more stories to tell, it seemed the same.  Strange how there are those people that you feel close to no matter how close or far apart you are literally. 



It was so fun to get to know her kids.  For city kids, they seemed to fit right in on the farm.  They loved driving the ranger.  Here's Maren with MacKenzie getting ready for take off!


LeAnn made some new friends with the baby calves.  


J.P. even got a chance to drive!


We ended our visit with lunch in the park.  It will probably be marked as the best time I had all summer.  I love that we haven't really talked in a few years, but we just pick up where we left off.  We still share our secrets, laugh, and listen.  It truly felt like I was 8 again and I had run down the street to spend a few hours with my best friend - all except I wouldn't expect us to get out the disco dancing dresses and put on a show!

It was kind of sad to say goodbye to LeAnn.  I am so happy that through technology it's much easier to keep up with each other.  I hope she knows that I am still just a few doors down... proverbially anyway!  

Lucky as I am, my sadness couldn't stay too long because it was only hours and one of my Jr. High pals showed up.  Tammy is an amazing woman.  She moved away from our home town shortly after Jr. High to Pennsylvania.  I was so excited when a few years back, she friended me on facebook.  We've shared a lovely friendship over the past few years.  She truly inspires me and probably feels like she also "fixes" me.  You see, she is a neuro-psychologist.  She is so accomplished and so lovely.  She did visit me once a few years ago.  It was so fun that I was super excited that she made time to hang out with me while in Idaho!  


We spent the evening at dinner together with our husbands and another classmate, Nathan, and his wife Linae.  We ate good food, definitely had some good laughs, and made some good memories.  I feel so lucky and blessed for all of my friends near and far......I just wish some weren't so far away.

For some reason, I foresee a vacation in my future......






No comments:

Post a Comment