Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trailer Tuesday - Meet Gigi!!


This is Gigi - formerly referred to as The Red Lion.  Her previous name was given to her by the men who used to take her out on hunting expeditions.  Since she is going to receive a makeover, I felt like a new name was in order.  I now call her, Gigi, in honor of my Grandma Hedvig, who was the original owner....along with my Grandpa Weldon.  All of Grandma Hedvig's great grandchildren called her G.G. - for great grandma.  

Gigi's seen some better days.  Her once vibrant red paint has now turned orange and almost non-existent.  Her inside has some water damage and is in need of refinishing.  Since she's been in my care, I have wanted to give her a little T.L.C.  The time has come!


Here's an example of the water damage that needs sanding and refinishing - a daunting task, for sure!


I've removed the cupboard and drawer fronts for refinishing.  I'll put them back on after I sand her down and give her a  new coat of stain and finish!


Love the white appliances!  Along with the sunny yellow countertops and red trim, she will be bright and happy before long.........or probably longer than I wish!


I pulled out the old red carpet.  It was filled with years of dirt and straw from hunting trips and fair excursions!  I am super excited to blog about my progress and see the fruits of my labors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment