Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Time Out for TED

"What is the work you can't not do?"

This is the big question for so many people...and a really tricky one at that.  It's a question that most young people grapple with when trying to make life choices, but I really think it's one that everyone should be asking themselves daily - no matter what stage of life they are in.  Whether it's career work, service work, or just personal development, what is it that you are passionate about?


If you have never watched TED talks before, you really should give this one a look.  We've enjoyed many TED talks over the past couple of years.  David and I have watched them together and we've even shared them with our children and much to our surprise, they even enjoy them.

Like a lot of stay at home moms, I have felt like I have lost myself in the service to my children.  Not that it's a bad thing, but I feel like there is more to me than laundry, cleaning, and chasing kids.  I have felt a little anxious lately to find the parts of me that are passionate.  This talk makes some very good points about how to do that.

He also talks about what kind of people to surround yourself with and how crucial our environment is in finding our passion.  I find that to be so true.  When I surround myself with inspiring people, I believe more in the possibilities that I possess.

I couldn't help but share this.  Thank you, Paulette, for sharing and for being one of the most inspirational people in my life.  Also, for seeing and believing in my dreams and reminding me to do the same.  You are a gifted lady, for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment