Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Love/Hate Relationship


I'm the first to say, that I LOVE receiving Christmas cards. I love to see the family pictures that usually come with them - how each kid has changed, any new additions to the families, and all the creative ways people come up with to express their own family's personality. I love reading the family newsletters and hearing about all the fun and adventure that accompanies parenthood. It's nice to know that other parents are lamenting the loss of a child to college, celebrating a team championship, or any other rites of passage all kids seem to go through. I don't feel so alone in this big world, trying to figure it all out. It's nice to feel connected.

With the love of getting these cards, comes the realization that I too must send out the traditional Christmas card. With this realization comes many questions - Who to send to? What kind of card? Can I compete creatively? It seems so daunting. It just overwhelms me, so I tend to put it off for as long as possible.

I can confidently say, I will drop my cards in the mail first thing in the morning. I know I am late, but I found some Christmas cards that I adore! You see, I found a couple of vintage cards that are tiny little works of art! So instead of buying new cards, I decided to copy, embellish, and make some for myself. (Hope I'm not breaking any laws here?) I really enjoyed the time being creative, but it just took more effort than I had anticipated. Sadly, that seems to be the story of my life...........a little late to the party, but having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment