Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Making it the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I've been wanting to post for a quite a few days now. I've been so busy getting ready for Christmas and having fun with family and friends that I haven't had time. Some years I seem to get so bogged down with the logistics of Christmas, that I just end up feeling tired. This year I've been trying to focus less on having/making everything perfect and more on the beauty that can come from spontaneity and celebration. It feels good to make time for friends, eat things and more of those things than I should, or even to admire my beautiful Christmas tree.

So for the next little while, I will try to take time every day to post about something that inspires me to truly feel the Christmas spirit. I will start with my tree. It's a compilation of old ornaments found at thrift and antique stores for next to nothing. My collection started when my Grandma and Grandpa Fonnesbeck passed away and I acquired a few of their old Christmas ornaments. They are fragile, yet beautiful - just like so many of us. They need to be treated with care and respect - just like many of us. And, separately they might not be too impressive, but when put together, they are glorious - just like when we come together, glorious things can happen. That is what is so wonderful about this time of year, when we focus less on what differences we have and more on the good we can see and bring out in ourselves and others! It is truly the most wonderful time of the year!

Isn't she a beauty?




While gazing at my tree, I can't help but think of all of the wonderful memories made with my Fonnesbeck grandparents. I really love and miss them. Here's some of the ornaments that I was lucky enough to inherit!




No comments:

Post a Comment