Monday, December 26, 2011

Winter Peace

I am a crazy Christmas lover. I start listening to music around Halloween and secretly watch movies long before the snow flies. I'm like the stores everyone complains about.........."Christmas already?!". Every year I try to refrain from my early antics, but seem to fail. And, once again, I failed this year. The difference is, that this year, with three kids in basketball and four with recitals, we didn't spend too many nights at home. I missed the family time that leads up to the holidays. We didn't do the nightly Christmas movie as a family, the hot chocolate, or the Christmas crafties that are our usual activities - there was no time for it.

The other difference this year is that I am not sick of Christmas the day after. Because I start so early, I'm usually pretty anxious to take it all down and pack it away. This year, I am still enjoying my decorations and the down time that comes with the holidays. We've spent the day just hanging out together and enjoying the special gifts brought by Santa, his helpers, and family. So unlike many others who are finding relief in the putting away of the holidays, I'm still holding on and squeezing every little bit of pleasure I can from our break - before the craziness of our hectic schedule returns.

So grateful for time spent together as family, with extended family and dear friends. Thanks to you all for making our holiday season one filled with joy, happiness, and love. I wish it wouldn't end......

No comments:

Post a Comment