Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Media Monday - Love On Many Levels

When you are younger, Valentine's consists of puppy love, secret crushes, and shuffling through the box of Scooby-Doo Valentine's to find the best one to give to that special someone.  Then, as you mature (or so you think), you finally get to spend Valentine's with that someone special on a real date and maybe receive your first bouquet of flowers.  Now, a husband and six kids later, I view Valentine's as not just a day to celebrate romantic love relationships, but all of the relationships that I love.  I think this movie addresses all of the various "love" relationships in life: romantic relationships, family relations, and love within a community.


It is definitely quirky, crazy, and abnormal.  I LOVE this movie.  Plus, even as a reclusive, slightly frumpy, strange young man, Ryan Gossling is still to die for.  So, give it a try, what have you got to lose, but a few hours.

Another thing I love about this movie is the music.  It's mostly original score, but to me, some of the most romantic music has no words at all.  It leaves you alone to just feel what it is you want/willing to feel.  Here's a sampling:


I hope we all can appreciate the good and lovely relationships that surround us everyday.  Grateful for those that fill my life with love - no matter how weird and abnormal I seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment