Friday, February 1, 2013

My Thing for Bing

After my last post, I felt the need to take a little break.  I cannot say enough how grateful I am for such love and support.  Life is good.

With the new month, I am ready to put the bone chilling cold behind me and bask in the warmth of the month of love - yeah for February!!  

I have always struggled with Valentine's Day.  I most definitely have someone I love....well, lots of people I love, but I just never know the best way to convey how much they all mean to me.  As trite as it might seem, nothing seems to say "I love you" quite like a great love song.  A lot of love songs produced in the last twenty years seem to lack sincerity to me.  Ones from the Golden Era seem to resonate with me on a level that newer ones just don't.  Lyrics from the past are simple and sincere.  They aren't complicated with the quirks of modern day relationships.  In the spirit of the month I thought I would try and share a few of my favorites.  Here is one of my all time favorite singers singing a beautifully simple, heartfelt desire - 


I adore Bing Crosby and his smooth, soothing voice. That is probably why Emilee and I encouraged Steven to be Bing for his wax museum project.  I loved Bing before, but after helping Steven with his research, I realized what an accomplished man he truly was.  I only wish he was around a little longer so we all could get a little more of him.

Here is Steven's take on Bing -


 

I was so proud of him.  He did a terrific job!  Enjoy your month of love!



No comments:

Post a Comment