Monday, February 4, 2013

Walking the Line

It being Monday, and me previously declaring Media Monday, I thought I would share one of my favorite romantic movies.  It's not one with a fairytale ending necessarily, but it does address the villains that some face - strained family relations, marital issues, and drug abuse.  It's a true life story with ups and downs and messiness.  Amongst the messiness that is life, a true love story is found.  That is what I love.  That is what is real.

After watching the show, I grew to have a new appreciation for the darkness in Johnny Cash's music.  I had never before been a fan, but I now listen to him on a regular basis.  He doesn't hide hurt and pain with flowery lyrics or melodies.  He's a straight shooter.  I like that.  He can be dark yet still embrace the beauty of love - it's usually not all one way or another.  My take-away from the movie is that life is hard and messy, but can be tolerated, rejoiced even, if you have the love of another.  Also, that loving someone means you love all of him/her - good and bad, agree and disagree - and that you see the best in one another, help each other find it, and expect it.  Also, that truly loving someone means that out of respect for that person, you put him/her first, not your own desires.  Whether it's as big as being true to each other or as small as turning their socks right side out.

 I think he says it best in this song.  I actually find this song truly romantic.  Who would have thought?


When you find true love it should be cherished and handled very carefully.....and if that means walking the line, it's well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment