Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dreaming of.......


I've felt a little blue lately - not sad, just kind of ho-hum. I've heard a lot of people credit the weather for their lack of enthusiasm. I would have to agree........but for different reasons. I am not in need of a sunny spring. You see, I love overcast, dreary days. And darn it, I am missing winter - the beauty of the snow falling, the gathering of our family staying safe and warm in our cozy house, and the realization of blessings easily overlooked otherwise.



Living on a farm, means snow = more work, stress on the cows, and the frustration that comes with all things "frozen". So, I feel a little guilty when I secretly wish for snow. I know it's selfish, but a good old fashioned snow storm is like pushing the pause button on life.


Plus, who doesn't love sleigh riding, building a snowman, a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows, and a warm fire.


I don't need months of winter, just one good storm will do. After that, I will be more than willing to move onto what all the rest of you are wishing for..............sunny days!! Then, we all can be happy!



Believe it or not, David can find happiness in the snow - I have the proof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment