Thursday, February 23, 2012

Land Girls

There are very few t.v. shows that I truly enjoy. Most are just guilty pleasures that I watch to relax and have a good laugh. The other night when there was nothing good on and I was determined to find an excuse to just sit, I resorted to searching through netflix. Usually this endeavor doesn't prove fruitful, but this time I was pleasantly surprised.


I found a lovely t.v. series produced by the BBC called Land Girls. It's set in England during WWII and follows a handful of young ladies who have signed up to help the wartime effort by working on a farm to support the troops.

The story lines are sincere and sweet while keeping true to the hardships of the day. Another reason I adore it is for the historical aspect - in telling the story and in fashion. All I can say is.....I LOVE the vintage attire!! The fabrics are gorgeous. Even their work clothes are inspiring! Wishing I could dress like that to work on our farm. I guess I could, but I wonder what the neighbors would think.......

3 comments:

  1. Kayla, you're the second friend to recommend this! It looks gorgeous and now it's in my Netflix Instant Queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had time to watch a handful of episodes, but I love it so far. Too bad you don't live closer or we could have a marathon while in our jammies, snacking, and having some girl bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This sounds great! I'll have to check it out ; )

    ReplyDelete