Sunday, January 22, 2012

Button Purse


I'm not much of a "purse lady". Some women have numerous handbags and trade them out with every outfit. After having six kids and constantly carrying a diaper bag, I've taken a self proclaimed hiatus from anything much bigger than my wallet. It's not that I don't enjoy looking at handbags, or haven't been tempted to buy one now and again. I do have a purse, but I tend to use it only when necessary and until it's totally worn out. Each bag's tour of duty lasts approximately 2-3 years. Last year, I came across this cute little number at my local antique store.



I couldn't resist buying it. I think it was my weakness for buttons and the multicolored use of them. I must admit, I haven't used it a lot - because you can't fit a lot into it. I keep waiting to use it when David and I have a special night out or go to some kind of fancy event. In my life, that doesn't happen all that often, but next time it does, I'll be prepared!!




There are plans to make my own button purse using a cream colored crocheted bag I found at the thrift store and my antique pearlized buttons. I'll keep you posted.......




No comments:

Post a Comment