Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Day of Celebration


While most of you are choosing to be negative today, I definitely choose to celebrate!  You see, plans were made, some were sidelined, but it all ended beautifully!


Twenty years ago today, I was asked a very important question - to which I answered "yes"!  And, looking at the picture above, how could I not choose to be happy today?

David was attending BYU, it was a Friday, and I was anxiously awaiting his arrival for the weekend.  The week previous (on Halloween of all days), we had decided that we were both ready to get married.  Christmas and my birthday were just around the corner, so I anticipated that one of those days would be the "magical" one chosen to officially pop the question. 

 I had no idea about the plans David had for our date that night.  The signs were there, but I was pretty clueless (shocking, I know).  He wanted to take me to Copper Mill for dinner.  I insisted on Wendy's (I am still confused over that one).   He was driving kind of erratically that night and seemed anxious.  Still I didn't get it. Then, when we ended up at a field filled with sheep and he insisted that we go out in the middle of them (something I had told him on many occasions that I wanted to do - stand in the middle of a sea of sheep.  Weird, I know), I resisted, stating that I had on a brand new pair of jeans.  So, after having all of his plans thrown aside, by me, he dropped down on one knee.  To this I exclaimed "you're going to do this now?"(I later explained my assumption about Christmas and my birthday).   This scared him slightly and he started to get up.  I immediately pushed him back down and told him to go on.  End of story......or just the beginning.

Our courtship was a quick one....all of 3 1/2 months before we decided that we were meant to be.  Looking back, that was just plain crazy.  I feel lucky every day that I answered the way I did, but still it was a real gamble, making such a big decision after so little time.  A gamble, maybe, but one that definitely paid off big!

Love you, David, now and always!!


No comments:

Post a Comment