Monday, January 21, 2013

Media Monday

In an endeavor to organize my thoughts and my blog, I have decided to cover certain topics on certain days.  Monday has been deemed Media Monday.  This is where/when I get to share any form of media that I have found inspiring over the past week.  To launch this idea, I have decided to share a magazine that inspires me.  It's a little difficult to find.  It's not mainstream enough to be found at your big box stores, but can be found at JoAnn's or other various crafting stores.


I believe that it's published in the UK.  It is beautifully inspiring, filled with photos, patterns, and spotlights of different artists.  It's a little more pricey than some, but it always comes with a little "freebie" that you can use in making one of the crafts in the magazine or use in one of your own. 


This issue came with a calendar for the upcoming year.  The photos are amazing and inspiring - in makes you want to jump inside and live there.


I've decided to use my calendar to schedule out my creative endeavors, aside from my everyday, crazy, run around duties that govern most of my life.  My time being creative is special to me and so it's planning should have a special place all it's own.

It would seem wrong on Media Monday to not mention the inauguration of our new president.  What a great opportunity to visit with my children about the workings of our government and the great freedoms we are lucky enough to be granted simply by being born in the right place at the right time.  Also, the fact that it is taking place on Martin Luther King Day is significant.  Many choose to complain about the loss of personal freedoms, but we live in a time where more freedoms have been granted to more people than at any other.  I am happy and blessed to be an American and days like today help me to refocus, not on what I think is wrong, but with all that is so right.  We have come a long way and for that I am proud.  Happy Monday to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment