Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Missing Gigi

By the end of summer, I am really anxious for cooler weather and less to do outside.  Summer is an endless cycle of pipe moving, yard work, and sweating.  But just like most of you, I am currently wishing for warmer temperatures and some time out of the house.  Lately I've felt like a caged animal - scary as that might be.

In an effort to cheer myself up, I've been looking - while longing - at some inspirational photos of warm weather activities and thinking lovingly of my time spent with Gigi.  We spent so many hours together last summer.  There were exciting times, frustration, and a sense of satisfaction.  I truly long to be with her again.  Too bad she is covered with a tarp and all locked up for the winter.

I am anxious to be reunited, but until then, I have been inspired to do some fun projects that will enhance her beauty.  


I found this picture on pinterest, of course.  What better way to spend my time couped up in the house than making an afghan of granny squares for my sweet Gigi that once belonged to my granny?  I am excited to get going on this!  Here is some of the yarn that I bought...so bright and cheery!


I have this great book with a bunch of granny square variations.  Now the hard part, choosing which design to use.


 I am also gearing up to make some cute out door lights for her with cups, fabric, and a little modge podge.  Finally, I've been working on some fun projects with spray paint and thrift finds.  You can check those out under the Re-use, Re-purpose, Re-cycle tab at the top of this page.

We always seem to wish for what we don't have - cooler weather, warmer weather, more Symphony bars in the freezer...  Anyway, I will choose to be grateful for my time inside, because it's time that I can get ready for some fun in the sun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment