Friday, January 13, 2012

Having a Ball - a Snowball that is!!

I recently had the opportunity to do the table decorations for our churches sisterhood dinner. The lovely lady who was going to be doing the speaking planned on focusing on the circle of sisterhood. I racked my brain to come up with some kind of decor that incorporated circles/orbs. Since January is our winter month and the love of sisterhood has a "snowball" affect, I thought that it would be nice to use a winter/snowball theme. I had six tables and was on a budget - I had to get creative.

I found some really pretty, snowy pine boughs on clearance, bought some cheap glass vases at our local thrift store, and bulk package of white tissue paper. I spray painted the glass vases a shiny silver. They looked so pretty, once painted! Then with the tissue, I made some orbs and spray painted them with some glitter so they glistened like real snowballs. I placed these on the various sizes of vases that I had sprayed silver. I then used some cheap white plastic table clothes and spray painted with the same glitter. Finally, my friend and I, added some tall glass vases filled with water and tied with an iridescent purple bow. We added some small tea lights to add a warm glow. I was told it created a "elegant and peaceful" mood.


I think it turned out pretty good - especially for the cost!

4 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! Those snowballs were made out of tissue paper?!? ....Are you sure you don't need a sidekick?

    It looked beautiful! You are amazing. Can't wait to see what you dreamed up for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one creative brain inside you. To come up with that out of thin air. It was so beautiful. That was the first thing on every ones lips when we sat down. Thank you for sharing your talent. I know who to call when I need decorating ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is absolutely beautiful. You did a fantastic job..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kayla, please send me some details on how you made the snowballs...

    ReplyDelete