Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Who's got buttons?

I am a weak person, I will admit it! I have a weakness for quite a few things. These aren't the ordinary woman weaknesses like shopping and shoes. I go weak in the knees over things like vintage aprons, old plates and silverware, quilts, and BUTTONS!! I think my love of buttons started when I inherited my Grandma Fonnesbeck's button jar. Since then, I've picked up bottles of old buttons at thrift stores and flea markets.


Old buttons are really cool, unique and beautiful. I love looking through my collection, but looking once in awhile wasn't enough, so I tried to find some uses for my buttons. That way, we could say hello to each other more often! I have a few ideas in mind, but those might take awhile. I did use some of my prettiest mother-of-pearl and opalescent buttons to make myself a new bracelet. Using the different sizes, shapes, and color tones, I think it turned out great.



Hello beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment