Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh Honey!!

Yesterday afternoon I took the time to make a honey cake. I found the recipe in my Grandmother's old cook book. The batter was gorgeous! (Who would've ever thought that I would proclaim batter to be gorgeous?) The color was divine!



I found out that old recipes are a lot more vague than today's counterparts. I'm guessing that in general, people of that era, held a better understanding of baking than we do today. Needless to say, there was some guess work going on in this endeavor. Also, I had to come up with my own frosting. In my quest to decide what kind of frosting to make, my mind kept going to raspberry honey butter, so yes, I made a black raspberry butter cream frosting to top it.



It turned out pretty good. The flavor was nice, but the cake was a little dense. I'll have to work on that. Perfect, no, but it makes for a good way to start the day! So "let them eat cake" for breakfast......with a cold glass of milk, of course!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful cake. Looks like a delicious breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete